With the arrival of our new boat fast approaching the Committee invites members to join us in planning a sailing programme for the next three years.
Ours aims are to:
- Provide a range of cruising and racing opportunities that includes previous favourite destinations, as well as new and interesting opportunities.
- Have in place a ‘fit-out, orientation and shakedown’ plan before the new boat arrives.
- Optimise the use of the boat over this period for the benefit of all members.
- Provide certainty for members in planning for future activities.
In no particular order here are some suggestions that we might consider:
- Hamilton Island Race Week, 19-26 Aug 2017. Entries close 6 August
- Magnetic Island Race Week, 31 Aug to 6 Sept, 2017
- Pittwater to Coffs Harbour, 2 January each year
- Sydney to Noumea Race, 1064 nm, 2 June 2018,
- Sydney Hobart 2018 and prep races, Cabbage Tree Island and Flinders Islet races
- Sail Port Stephens regatta, April each year
- Shake down: NSW South coast South to Jervis Bay; Batemans Bay, Bermagui; north to Port Stephens
- Geelong Festival of Sails, January long weekend each year,
- VDL Circumnavigation of Tasmania. Mid Feb to Mid March, 2019. 35 days
- Great Barrier Reef, and north to Cooktown region
- Pacific Cruise (New Calidonia / Vanuatu ) — a recent favourite for CORC — perhaps we extend to Fiji?
- New Zealand Summer Cruise — Bay of Islands, and Coramandel. Nov to April is best
- Circumnavigation of Australia — Following Flinders route, 6-12months? 6,700nm. Need to plan around the cyclone season and a Bite crossing
- PNG Discovered:, Louisiade Archipelago, Kavieng at the tip of New Ireland
- Darwin to Ambon Race, Maluku, Indonesia. August, 630nm.
- Darwin to Bali via Kupang, Alor, Komodo, Lombok (ca 1000nm one way?)
All members are invited to post comments and suggestions to this page
Last updated on 28th March 2017. Please contact Steven Ring for information about this page.